Guidelines For Hygiene
- Staff should maintain basic standards of personal hygiene.
- Staff should be in proper uniforms and wearing caps if they are working in the
- Uniforms clean, laundered and correctly worn when leaving the unit they must be
- Wherever possible tools or gloves used for portioning of food in order to minimize direct food contact. Gloves must be
frequently changed and any tools cleanse and sanitized between uses.
- Staffs with skin trouble, nose or throat problems, stomach or bowel trouble and
infected wounds are not allowed to attend cafeteria serving.
- Wear clean uniforms and always use hair coverings.
- Wash hands thoroughly before handling food after using toilet after every break.
- Keep finger nails and hair short.
- Hand washing sinks maintained properly with paper towel and soap refilled on
- Use enclosed shoes for hygiene and safety
- Hair nets provided and correctly worn by all staff
- Do not use large items of jewels including wrist watches.
- Cuts / injuries protected by water proof dressing.
- All food items kept properly covered to avoid any contamination i.e. foreign
particles. Non Veg. falling in Veg. etc.
- Filtered water should be used for making juices, lassi, chaas, chutney's etc.
- Do not smoke or spit in the kitchen or food stores.
- All food in – process of cooking or cooker should be kept covered.
- Ensure sufficient availability of lunch, snacks & dinner at cafeteria.
- Ensure timely arrival of snacks, lunch, evening snacks and dinner at cafeteria.
- Frozen vegetables should be thawed
properly before use
- Water in which vegetables are boiled
should not be thrown away
- Vanaspati should not be used in food
- Food color should not be used
- Food of approved brands should be used to avoid the risk of adulteration
Distribution Of Meals
- Raw Fruit washed
- Suitable presentation (No piling of
- Filmed cold dishes
- No bare hand manipulation
- Suitable temperature for the distribution of warm dishes
- No food stored on the floor
- Proper tidying up – cleaning products set apart
- No damaged packaging
- Neither outdated products nor